Tennessee Marriage License
Tennessee wedding license laws are simple and affordable for potential brides and grooms. You may obtain you license at any courthouse in Tennessee, including the ones in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.
**New Laws Concerning License Fees In Effect July 1, 2004**
Tennessee Residents: If you live in the state of Tennessee you will now pay $98.50 for your marriage license. If you attend 4 hours of premarital preparation course and present a certificate of completion your cost will be $38.50.
All Non-Residents: If you are getting married in Tennessee and are from another state the price is $38.50 ONLY if you obtain a license from Sevier County. If you get a license any where else in the state the price will be $98.50.
If your spouse has a TN drivers license and you have one from out of state you will be charged $98.50.
1. Law requires both the bride and groom to be 18 years old.
2. Either a valid drivers license or your birth certificate. If your Social Security number is not printed on your driver's license you will need to bring a Social Security card with you.
3. If not a United States citizen, you must present a valid passport.
4. If you have been married before you will also need the month and year of your divorce, or the date of your deceased spouse's death. If the bride has had a name change in her divorce and has not had her name changed on her drivers license, she will need to provide a certified copy of her divorce decree.
3. If anyone is under the age of 18, you must contact a office listed below to obtain the requirements for minors.
There are no waiting periods or blood tests. You can get married the same day as your license is issued and you may obtain your license up to 30 days prior to your wedding, however the license is only valid for 30 days. Both parties must be present to obtain a license.
Sevier County Courthouse, 125 Court Avenue, Sevierville, TN., 865-453-5502
Shilling Center, 405 Reagan Drive, Gatlinburg, TN., 865-430-3404
City Hall, 225 Pine Mountain Road, Pigeon Forge, TN., 865-908-6613
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday -- 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Saturday -- 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Gatlinburg Marriage License
Monday Friday -- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, Wednesday -- 8:30 am - 12:00 noon, Saturday -- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Pigeon Forge Marriage License
Saturday -- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hours may vary during Holidays - Contact an office for details.